5 EASY Tips to Relieve Stress NOW!
Sign up to receive our FREE weekly "Insight & Inspiration" newsletter. (Tools, tips, insight and inspiration to live a fuller, healthier, happier life.) As a thank you for signing up, you'll also receive our Free Report: “5 Tips to Relieve Stress."
Gratitude of the Heart
There is something about Spring that always reminds me to be grateful. As I take my morning walks this time of year, I enjoy seeing the newly budded tree branches, the vibrant sprouting green grass, the tulips and daffodils popping up and the promise of warmer temperatures. I see all the bunnies, robins and mating ducks. Spring is the “waking up” after a long, cold winter. And once again, all is right in the world!
But just because it’s Spring doesn’t mean all is going to go perfectly in life. We still have day-to-day strife and struggles. But, remember, whatever you put your focus on GROWS! So if you want more joy in your life, you must begin to focus on whatever joy you already have.
So here is a quick 2-minute “Heart-Gratitude” exercise to help you focus on all the “good things” around you.
- First think about something that is causing stress or worry in your life.
- Rate it on a scale of 1 – 10, with 10 being the worst feeling, and 1 meaning it’s no big deal.
- Shake out both hands and imagine letting go of that stress momentarily.
- Rub both hands vigorously together, creating some ‘heat’; then place both hands over your heart area and close your eyes.
- Now think of at least 3 things to be grateful for….here are some examples:
- Clean water to drink
- Lungs that can breathe
- Food on the table
- A roof over your head
- Clothes to wear
- A warm blanket at night
- Two eyes to see; two ears to hear; two hands to do your work
- A working vehicle
- Now, imagine going into your heart and asking how to resolve the original stress or worry.
- Be still and listen.
- Now go about your day and notice how that stress or worry just doesn’t seem as big. Rate it on a scale now and most people will notice the number has gotten lower.
- If you have time, journal thoughts or feelings that come to mind about this issue. You may discover that things resolve themselves.
This simple exercise can help you focus on better things throughout your day. And the more you focus on blessings, gratitude, thankfulness, etc., the better life is.
Until next time,
Connie Kvilhaug, Cert. Hypnotist
Release Habits ~ Access Inner Calm